PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Which parts for a F20A4 engine in a Civic HB?

JimL
06.09.2007, 23:41
Hi, I wasn't sure if I HAD to post in the english section just couse I suck at writing german. If I do, then please move this thread and I will keep my sorry ass in that section from here on out. You can feel free to respond in english, or german. Either will do really.

I posted here because I figured I'd get a lot more response than in a hidden away section which noone cares about.

So, to the point. I have a 92 Prelude 2,0i which I've swapped over to a H22 type S from japan. Then, having a spare engine in my garage I started looking for options, either trowing it away, or.. Buying a 92 EG Civic HB! I've ripped out the interior, gonna have a 10-point roll cage, vti-suspension and brakes, aftermarket coilovers, etc. And a F20A4 engine with turbo.

But what parts can I use?

I know the H23 manifoilds bolt up. But what about clutch / flywheel? That's my main issue atm. And anyone have the dimensions of the pistons and rods?

Will add more parts as time goes.

Flo2u
07.09.2007, 20:34
trow it away...
Even if boostet its just a 2l sohc NO-TEC engine, which is pretty useless even more when its stock. Its not worth all the money, esspecially when it comes to swap a f block into a hatch chassis.

How about saving up some money to go for gsr's b18c1/b18c4 engine? Even in stock the gsr engine [N/A] is pretty fast in a hatch...+ its dohc and got vtec all over...

JimL
07.09.2007, 22:32
How come it's crap? Seems to me like the block would hold up some punishment. And since Ive got a free engine/tranny/whatever and the parts needed for the swap (mounts, shift linkage) I just wanna go with it. Who cares if it lasts half a season? At least I've tried. Then I could just import a jap spec h22 and bolt it right in, just need to line up a few wires for vtec to work..

so, anyone with experience in a f20a turbo build that has some constructive feedback on how to make this last as long as possible?

Flo2u
08.09.2007, 10:03
Its not that its a crappy engine.. its alot of work... its not that much supported from the aftermarket and therefore hard to get the parts ure looking for to make it stable and long livin.

If ure already focused on the project, watch out for f22a /f22 parts of out accord sohc engines. These are more supoorted form the aftermarket, and some bolt on parts might fit the f20a4 engeine as well.